Monday, January 12, 2009

1.45pm - Harold and Kumar escape from Guantanamo Bay

Harold and Kumar escape from Guantanamo Bay (2008)
Starring: John Cho, Kal Penn, Neil Patrick Harris
Genre: Comedy

Random observations:
- Poop and jizz jokes and the opening credits have barely finished. We're off to a good start.
- Smokeless bong!
- Rob Corddry from The Daily Show! Awesome.
- "That looks like Osama Bin Laden's beard". Best pube joke ever.
- Doogie Howser in-joke alert.
- Threesome with weed. Funniest sex scene since Team America.
- Best line of the movie... Neil Patrick Harris: "I'm gonna rock with my cock out and you're gonna jam out with your clam out".

Overall comments: If you're into these kinds of teen/stoner movies (American Pie, Road Trip, Club Dread etc) and you've seen the first one (and even if you haven't) you'll probably get a lot of laughs here. While this isn't my favourite kind of comedy, and I can't say I was laughing the whole time, I did laugh a lot and enjoyed Harold and Kumar 2 quite a bit.

Up next: Quantum of Solace

No comments: