Starring: Jason Statham, Natalya Rudakova, Robert Knepper
- The bad guy is Robert Knepper (T-Bag from Prison Break). Awesome!
- Less than 10 minutes in we get our first Statham-kicks-the-crap-out-of-a-bunch-of-guys fight scene.
- Fast car? Check. Hot chick in car? Check. Mission to get said car and girl somewhere? Check. The formula's all here.
- Why is it that when a big group of bad guys surrounds a hero, they take turns charging at him instead of all rushing him at once?
- The big guy in the garage fight scene is none other than 6-foot-11 kickboxer and three-time K1 world champion Semmy Schilt.
- Car chase cliche #74: Car flies off cliff, car explodes on impact. Every damn time.
- Best lines of the movie so far: "You're the gay!", "No, I'm not the gay".
- Natalya Rudakova - sexiest freckle-faced, ginga Russian chick ever.
- Directed by Olivier Megaton. Sounds like a French Transformer.
Overall thoughts: If you've seen either of the first two Transporter movies, you know what to expect here... senseless, unrealistic action. If you go in expecting that and nothing more, and you like these kinds of movies, you'll be entertained. Jason Statham has been in some great movies (Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Crank) and some not-so-great ones (Death Race), but as an action star he's hard not to like.
Next up: Class of 1984