Starring: Ron Perlman, Selma Blair, Doug Jones
Genre: Fantasy, adventure
- I've had a shower and have cracked open my first can of sugar-free V, so hopefully I'll be good to go for the home stretch.
- First piece of useless trivia: The blue-skinned, demon-looking Prince Nuada is played by Luke Goss, formerly one half of 80s British pop duo Bros.
- Who knew there were so many tooth fairies, and that they were such nasty little bastards?
- Selma Blair is daaaaamn hot.
- Director Guillermo del Toro has really ramped up the fantasy factor, with all sorts of fantastical characters, reminiscent of his excellent work on Pan's Labrynth.
- Second piece of useless trivia: Walking diving suit Johann Krauss is voiced by Family Guy creator Seth McFarlane.
- Did I mention that Selma Blair is hot?
- Hellboy and Abe Sapien dueting on a Barry Manilow love song. Priceless.
- "Your Royal Assness". Nice.
Overall comments: I've read that Guillermo del Toro made this sequel for a fraction of the budget of the first one, but somehow he's made a better movie. That's mostly due to the increased fantastical elements - the creature effects are simply awesome. Hellboy started out as a comic book, and these adaptions offer lots of mindless action, just like in a comic.
Up next: The Day After