Thursday, October 23, 2008

Uh, would you believe... 21 Nights of Terror?


Maybe I need to change the name of this blog to 21 Nights of Terror, because this marathon is officially over.

I made it through 21 movies in 21 nights, sometimes struggling to stay awake. When I started all of this I didn't realise how tough it would be. A movie a night - easy right? Well, as it turns out... no. Try fitting in 90 minutes to two hours of free time every night, regardless of what else is happening in your life (including working a 40-50 hour week) and regardless of how tired you are.
Anyway, enough feeling sorry for myself. Last night I decided enough was enough. Twenty one days was a damn good effort if you ask me, and I'm glad I did it. I finally got around to watching some of the movies that have been on my "to watch" list for ages, and I got to see some old favourites again.

I'm a sucker for punishment though, and I've already thought up a future method of torture. Next year my birthday falls on Friday the 13th. I've been a fan of the Friday the 13th movies since I was in my early teens. Add to that the fact that I've always wanted to do a 24-hour movie marathon (having done two separate 12-hour marathons at home - yes, I'm a geek). So, my plan is to watch all 12 Friday the 13th movies (yes, I'm including Freddy vs Jason as the 12th entry in the series) back-to-back and in order. With food and bathroom breaks I figure it'll take 24 hours (the 12 movies add up to somewhere around 19-21 hours).

I'll be watching a couple of horror flicks on Halloween night - I usually pop in either the original Halloween or Texas Chainsaw Massacre, although it kind of depends on who turns up on the night. I'll probably end up reviewing whatever I watch and throwing it on here, so while the 31 Nights of Terror marathon fell a little short of the mark, it doesn't mean the end for the blog.

No comments: