Sunday, November 1, 2015

31 Nights of Terror 2015 #38 - Hocus Pocus (1993)


Hocus Pocus (1993)
Director: Kenny Ortega
Starring: Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, Kathy Najimy
Format: Cinema


Plot: After three centuries, three witch sisters are resurrected in Salem, Massachusetts on Halloween night, and it is up to two teenagers, a young girl and an immortal cat to put an end to the witches' reign of terror once and for all.

As a treat to my girlfriend, I arranged for us to travel to our nearest city for a one-off screening of Hocus Pocus, a favourite Halloween movie from her childhood. With my five-year-old son along, we made a family trip of it, taking in a 1pm matinee.

I'm sure everyone reading this is familiar with the movie. As a family-friendly Halloween flick it's pretty good, and my girlfriend and son both really enjoyed seeing it on the big screen.

No comments: