Friday, October 30, 2015

31 Nights of Terror 2015 #35 - Felt (2014)


Felt (2014)
Director: Jason Banker
Starring: Amy Everson, Kentucker Audley, Ryan Creighton
Format: AVI


Plot: A woman creates an alter ego in hopes of overcoming the trauma inflicted by men in her life.

Wow, what the hell did I just watch. I've heard a lot of talk about this movie and it seems to be polarising - people either loved it or hated it. Which camp do I fall into? Well, I don't hate it, but it's not a horror movie. In fact, I hesitated to include this in the 31 Nights of Terror countdown after I got finished watching it, but so many other reviews refer to it as horror that I decided to go ahead.

There's really no point in talking about this movie in length. I'll just say that it's well shot, the acting is pretty good (especially by Everson, who does a great job portraying a girl who's losing her mind), and the ending is pretty brutal. Other than that... I don't know quite what to say. It's safe to assume I won't be watching a movie quite like this again any time soon.

If you go into this one expecting horror, you'll be disappointed. If you like quirky indie movies with mumbling, awkward characters and plenty of WTF moments, this is probably right up your alley.

No comments: